Membership of the ATI London requires members to meet standards set out by the association.
The London Association of Trading & Investment (ATI London) has established its code of conduct and ethical standards of every member, certified professional, approved trainer and approved training centre and/or provider that all must maintain.
Professionals within financial services, financial trading, and portfolio management, owe important duties to their clients, the market, the profession, and society.
Where these duties are set out in law or regulation the professional should comply with the requirements in both letter and spirit.
Members of the ATI London are also required to meet the standards set out within the association’s Code of Conduct.
In every decision or action, each member must refer to the Code of Conduct, considering if their course of action is honest, open, transparent, and fair.
Code of Conduct
- Members shall maintain at all times the highest standards of professional competence, integrity and judgement.
- This ethical standard requires strict compliance with the applicable laws of any operating jurisdiction
- Members shall not publish or make statements which they know or have a reason to believe are inaccurate or misleading.
- Any use of ATI London materials, website information, or lists of any description must be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Members shall not exploit their relationship with the association for commercial purposes.
- Members will not use, distribute, or permit others to use, the association’s mailing list, email lists or any other property for non-approved association purposes.
- Members shall avoid leading others that believe that their technically derived views of future security or other derivative product price behavior reflect foreknowledge rather than estimates and projections subject to re-examination and, as events may dictate, to change.
- Members shall not publish or make statements concerning the technical position of a security, a derivative, a market, or any other underlined asset and/or any of its components or aspects, unless such statements are reasonable and consistent considering the available evidence and of the accumulated knowledge in the field of financial technical analysis.
- Members shall not seek, disseminate, or act based on material, non-public/ inside information violating the laws and regulations of any jurisdiction.
- Members shall not copy or deliberately use substantially the same language or analysis contained in reports, studies or writings prepared by any author unless permission to do so is received in advance, from the author.